Brymo - You Don't Have To Get Married To Have Kids

Popular Nigerian singer, songwriter and recording artiste, Olawale Ashimi popularly known as Brymo Olawale has made known some personal things about himself that will marvel you!


The 29-year-old musician who is awaiting his first child with her girlfriend has talked to Punch in a new interview about career, love child, baby mama and why he chose to have a child outside wedlock and his opinion is really mind-blowing! Read excerpts from the interview below:

Why is your latest album titled Tabula Rasa?

Tabula Rasa is a Latin word and it means ‘Blank Slate’. I wanted to change my mindset and reapply everything I know. It also applies to the mind of a newborn and I am expecting a child. Basically, it represents new beginnings for me on many fronts. After my ordeals as a music maker, I have had to forgive and let go of the past so the future can grow. Tabula Rasa is the ultimate kick off for great success for Brymo and its brand.


Why have you decided against featuring more than one artiste in your album?

With Tabula Rasa, I tried something different by using a spoken word poet instead of a regular music artiste, hence Sammy Sage Hasson. However, I believe that features are a way for artistes to flaunt their relationships with other artistes; therefore it’s crucial for there to be some kind of musical connection between both artistes on the same track. Why one artiste per album is because I want the featured artiste to get all the attention as the sole co-participant on my project. I might try new ideas in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment